Date: To be arranged
Cost: CAD$580.00 + GST
CEU Credits: 18
This three-day retreat for adult and child therapists (six participants maximum), focuses on the issue of self-care and the need for ongoing self-renewal that is essential for maintaining the stamina necessary to provide clients with a safe place to heal.
- Participants will have the opportunity to take stock of their present professional and personal situation (case load expectations, vicarious traumatization, toxicity of work environment, processing and addressing countertransference issues, life demands they are presently facing, etc.)
- Time will also be dedicated to exploring physical, emotional, cognitive and spiritual needs and reflecting on whether these are being met, while dealing with demands, challenges and the long-term side effects of being a therapist.
- Participants will thus be able to design a self-care practice that will make it easier for them to take steps toward the most essential and pressing changes they might have identified and thus find ways of maintaining the integrity and enjoyment of their work in spite of the challenges they might be facing.
- This will be done through discussions, the use of imagery, metaphors, visualizations or a variety of expressive therapies.
- Ample time will be left to enjoy the beauty of San Pareil and begin to practice self-care at the end of each day.
Fee includes use of materials. Meals and accommodations are not provided.
The Centre for
is accredited by the Canadian Association for Play Therapy (Provider #09-102), the British Columbia Play Therapy Association (Provider #1-2018), and the Association for Play Therapy (Provider #95-010).
Please visit their websites to learn more about their specific requirements.